Thursday, April 14, 2016

US Senator Wants To Regulate Airplane Legroom

Oy vey.
A couple of days ago I posted about a bill from a Senator which would require hotels to more clearly disclose resort fees. While I generally prefer as little government regulation as possible, that’s a bill I completely support. Resort fees can be sneaky and dishonest, as they’re often not disclosed in advertisements. I support the concept of resort fees having to be disclosed more clearly because a lot of people book hotels and genuinely don’t realize these fees exist. It’s similar to the legislation a few years back which required airlines to advertise “all-in” prices, which makes perfect sense to me.
Well, it looks like the government is taking on another sector of travel, as New York Democratic Senator Schumer wants the Federal Aviation Administration to establish seat-size standards for commercial aviation.

No comments:

Post a Comment